How a Realtor® works for you
A REALTOR® is an invaluable partner in the home buying process. While buyers are far more educated about real estate – online research can’t match an “Experienced Agents” knowledge in their market. Without that knowledge you may overpay for a home or lose your dream home.
An agent will provide you with a completely objective and professional opinion of the properties, unlike a parent or friend.
In our market, a buyer’s agent is customarily compensated by the seller. You have nothing to lose by working with an expert in the field.
Buying a home may seem like a straightforward process. There are dozens of variables in any transaction that can make the home buying process complicated. Being prepared and organized make the process easy and enjoyable.
Steps in the Home Buying Process
- Get to Know Your Agent
- Meet with Lender
- Create Wants and Needs
- Property Search
- Make an Offer
- Work Through Counter Offers
- Contract to Close
Meet with a Lender
- A mortgage pre-approval lets you know exactly what you can afford to buy. It also lets the seller know that you are a willing and able buyer.
- Using a mortgage calculator can give you a sense of your buying power and monthly payments.
- Most mortgage experts say your housing expenses should not exceed 28% of your gross monthly income.
- Knowing the figures of the transaction will give you more confidence going into the transaction.
- Use the Mortgage Calculator to help find a mortgage that fits within your budget.
Every home purchase involves compromise. Prioritize your wants and needs before beginning your search.
- Location, Location, Location!
- Neighborhood amenities (shopping, dining, parks)
- When choosing an area, drive or walk the neighborhood at various times of the day/evening. Stop and talk to neighbors for the inside scoop on the area.
- Single Family
- New Construction
- Gated Community
- Yard Size
Be sure to consider resale value and your daily routine when you begin searching.